st. ursula'S CHAPEL
St. Ursula's chapel in Kempraten (with the cemetery belonging to the Catholic church community of Rapperswil) was consecrated in 1607 after the earlier church fell victim to the outbreak of Iconclastic Fury in 1531 and to the siege by General Werdmüller in 1656. The chapel in Kempraten has been recorded since the 13th century as a succursal church of the parish of Busskirch. It acquired its current appearance following its renovation in 1905. In 1971 the New Apostolic Church in Switzerland built a new chapel on Kreuzstrasse in Rapperswil.